Duties and functions
Middle Ages and Renaissance
Roles and responsibilities
Positions and duties
- Researching topics of interest for their constituencies.
- Referring patrons to other community organizations and government offices.
- Suggesting appropriate books ("readers' advisory") for children of different reading levels, and recommending novels for recreational reading.
- Facilitating and promoting reading clubs.
- Developing programs for library users of all ages and backgrounds.
- Managing access to electronic information resources.
- Building collections to respond to changing community needs or demands
- Creating pathfinders
- Writing grants to gain funding for expanded program or collections
- Digitizing collections for online access
- Answering incoming reference questions via telephone, postal mail, email, fax, and chat
- Making and enforcing computer appointments on the public access Internet computers.